The TASC diversion program is one of the most innovative, comprehensive, and effective substance abuse treatment programs.
The TASC diversion program launched in 1989 in collaboration with justice professionals and local law enforcement agencies. The program continues to build on its success while it achieves an impressive successful completion rate of 75%.
More than 41,500 people have successfully completed the TASC diversion program since its inception. TASC diversion programs may be appropriate for individuals who:
- Face felony drug possession charge(s)
- Do NOT contest their guilt
- Would likely benefit from a treatment program
Qualifying individuals who voluntarily participate and successfully complete the TASC diversion program will either have their case dropped with no charges filed or have the charges dismissed with prejudice.
The TASC diversion program is often referred to as a “win-win” because of its evidence-based curriculum and significant community benefits:
- Participants avoid a felony conviction
- Provides a first-time treatment experience for many individuals
- Tailored to meet individual needs
- Low rate of recidivism among participants compared to non-participants
(National Institute of Justice Study with Arizona State University)
- Sustained by client fees
- Alternative to prosecution
- Saves resources
“Thank you for helping me…I was out of control and could have died.”
~ E.H., Phoenix
TASC cares. Every day we help save lives and appreciate hearing from our clients.
TASC is honored to have its diversion program recognized by the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy, and the National Adult Protective Services Administration.